Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's a doll, it's a....place for pins

I was trying to find more patterns for teacup and mug pincushions, because I know there are several variations. In my search I came upon the collector's type with the doll body atop the pin area. Some of these are quite lovely. Then I came across Mopsy, this bizarre vodoo-esque troll pincushion. Hmmm. Check out the fanny pack too. Whoa. With those around I think my imagination would travel back to when I was a little girl and had just seen one of the creepy dolls on Night Gallery. I started locking my dolls up in a cabinet at night after that. Dolls still creep me to this day.

Interesting article on what to fill a pincushion with.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grangry said...

I looked at Mopsy - I couldn't bear to stick the pins in!

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fill pin cushions with crushed walnut shells. You buy bags of the shells at the pet store...they are used in the bottom of bird cages. The walnut shells weight down the pin cushion and bug's will not eat them. Works real well. I make lots of pin cushions out of wool felt.

8:32 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

Mospy and all his/her friends are CREEPY!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen somthing similar on the bowl of a teaspoon....
Amy

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaaaah, I remember Night Gallery.... *shudder* the creepy dolls, and the episode with that little tiki sort of guy with the knife.... creeeeeeepy.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home