Thursday, December 01, 2005

Yummies for the tummy


 Posted by Picasa
I found this mint condition book at a rummage sale. It's perfect timing, because I want to make food for gifts this year, including a few flavors of preserves, and at least one bread. Of course I'll probably bake some cookies as well. This book has some fun ideas for items to make (including these cute Christmas bulb-shaped cookies on the cover), and decorated packaging tips too. The book is by Leisure Arts, dated 1991.


Oh my gosh!  Posted by Picasa
Jam-filled Teddy cookies with fork-crimped edges so they look like hand-stitched toys! The cuteness!


 Posted by Picasa
Classics like shortbread wreaths are treats most everyone enjoys.


 Posted by Picasa
Cute idea of making a cap atop a jar out of a red sock.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

The teddy cookies are cute but could some serious psychiatric damage. I mean, JAM-FILLED?!
I'd substitute chocolate.
It tastes better and doesn't resemble brain matter.

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those teddy bears remind me of a cookie recipe that has been in my family for at least 4 generations. Raisin stuffed molasses cookies. But we only do circles - no beary cuteness - yet!

Amy

3:02 PM  
Blogger LauraK said...

I have this book too - but I bought it new...

7:49 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

I was totally going to say just about the same as Susie Sunshine! Ha ha! Except I'm all about the psychiatric damage! Use strawberry jam!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home