Saturday, November 26, 2005

Clamp-on apron, 1955

Clamp On apron, 1955

I still haven't made my apron for Tie One On. This month is a holiday theme. I have so many options. This pattern has embroidered reindeer. It's called 'clamp-on' because one of the designs utilizes a readymade plastic hoop--I guess to hang the dishtowel. It looks like it has an elastic waist, but it doesn't. Although that would be interesting. I have considered a bunch of ideas for a Christmas theme, including sewing a red fuzzy fabric with a white fur-like trim and a big black belt. That would be so cute. But that's not what I'm making. A tree design with a battery pack and lights that flash would be fun. A mistletoe theme would be fun. A reversible Naughty/Nice one would be awesome. But instead I'm going to use one of my vintage patterns, and a thrift store sheet. Now just to get started....

1 Comments:

Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

Barb! All of those apron ideas rock! somehow I missed seeing this post. I am looking for the one you told me about with you and the Christmas tree.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home