Thursday, November 24, 2005

Doughnutmisu Recipe

This is just so fun and weird, I have to post it. This is from Sam the Cooking Guy. He's a San Diego local, but is gaining in popularity, so look for him on one of your channels soon. He had a cruise last year to Mexico that I almost (so close) convinced my boyfriend at the time to join, but no luck. They had a great time, and boyfriend became an ex. Now Sam is going to Tuscany. Oh my God...is there any way I can come up with the cash? Please tell me somehow there is a way. Anyway, here is Sam's recipe for a crazed version of Tiramisu. First read part of an email he received about this recipe:
I had a leftover tub of mascarpone cheese I needed to use up before it went bad (when it already smells like goat, is it possible to go ‘bad’? Hard to say.) Again with the anywhoo, I saw your recipe for Doughnutmisu & decided to give it a whirl. Someone brought in Krispy Kreme donuts to work this morning so I used those instead of the powdered ones you recommended.
I ate an entire serving in under 30 seconds. I’ve gained four pounds and either my roof is cracking or my arteries are hardening. I still have 3 servings left in the frig which have no hope of making it through to morning.
I curse you, Cooking Guy.


Doughnutmisu
Think Tiramisu, but with powdered sugar doughnuts - yes, it's that simple - and good.

1 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
6 small powdered doughnuts, sliced in half
6 tablespoons Hersheys chocolate syrup
1/4 cup Kahlua
Cocoa powder

Blend cheese, powdered sugar and whipping cream until smooth
Put 1 tablespoon Hersheys in bottom of martini glass
Dip cut side of each doughnut in Kahlua
On top of chocolate, place 1 doughnut half, then a big tablespoon of cheese mix, then another doughnut half, then more cheese mix then dust with cocoa powder
Refrigerate about an hour before eating .

Sam's site has a bunch of recipes. I'm dying to try the Strawberry Mojito. Mojitos are my favorite cocktail. I love love love Cuban food. Sigh, reminds me of some good past times. A couple of new Cuban restaurants just opened in San Diego that I can't wait to try.

2 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

Hi Barb,
while checking out various blogs the other day I came across a vintage apron patern you might like... http://www.allsewnup.com/vintage-crocheted-apron/

5:35 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

OH my god.... That donut thing sounds so good, not to mention the Mojito! (My fav. too)

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home