Saturday, July 08, 2006

For the love of the seam ripper

I have said that I need a seam ripper surgically implanted somewhere on my body so I'll always know where one is.

Unfortunately, I seem to constantly need to use one.

Next month I'm taking a class to make a tool caddy that hangs around your neck so you always have the little suckers available (meaning the ever elusive scissors and seam ripper).

And boy can I relate to what Susie Sunshine has to say on the subject:
"In this house, seam rippers are a lot like store employees-you can never find one when you need one because they are cowering in a corner-so there was a considerable amount of muttery profanage as the entire project was disassembled using scissors from a manicure set and a stick pin.

A new piece was pinned and cut and sewn back in place with plenty of fucks and damns."


Yep, couldn't have said it better myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grangry said...

Oh Barb, thanks for that link. I read it on a morning when things just aren't going to plan. It did make me laugh!

12:49 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

ya know, I prefer to use my scissors... (& I know exactly where my seam ripper is located...)

BUT My biggest prefrence would be to not have to use it at all!

I used it too much on my recent rail fence.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

LOL Barb, that is so funny - lots of fucks and damns!! I can relate to that very well! As for the disappearing seam rippers, I have had one for about 20 years, living happily in my sewing basket until a couple of weeks ago, when it went walkabout and hasn't been seen since. So I bought two new ones, and if one of THEM goes missing, well hopefully the other will still be there.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home