Thursday, July 06, 2006

Gift giving

I try to give personalized gifts. I try to spend some time really thinking about a person and giving them something unique. I'm pretty proud of what I gave my friend Scott for his birthday a few days ago. Scott is Duke's dad (the dog in my banner). He and his wife Jen have become far more to me than just my clients--we're good friends now. But it's so difficult to figure out what to give guys for their birthdays.

Well, Scott loves Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies, so I made him a homemade version. I used this recipe here. There are other copycat versions out there, like this, that is heavy on the almonds, and this one I really want to try that uses lemon extract and orange zest.

The cookies were yummy, and he seemed really pleased. I also gave him a bunch of pics of Duke. Did you see the movie Amelie? I don't remember the details anymore, but in it there's a garden gnome that someone takes pics of all over the place...here's the gnome at the Eiffel tower, here's the gnome here and there. Well, Duke is my gnome. Jen says he must have been a model in a former life. Anyway, I figured I'd share this idea in case it sparks something for you too.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

neat - I never knew about "copy cat" recipes...

BTW I have heard about other people doing that gnome thing...

4:41 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Ay! Thoughtful gifts, and photos as gifts, are the best. Very nice Barb!

10:09 AM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Post some of the Duke photos! That is a great gift idea!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home