Friday, September 29, 2006

Photobooth Friday

Funky vintage photo--girl on a fake camel
(you can click on the image to enlarge)
Girl on a fake camel.
The ebay seller I bought this from described this as a photobooth shot, but it's just (I think) a staged one--like all those kids who sat on a half moon I suppose. I'm not sure of the year, or what's up with the 'Your Honey' on the frame, or the art nouveau water lilies...

Perhaps, with her honey-colored hair, her name was Honey? Okay, maybe that's a stretch.
But I think it's precious regardless.

Do you think the rolled socks is an indication it's the 1920's? 30's?

I love the camel--so unique.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I so enjoy your creativity and your eye for style. You really have kickstarted my mind out of the rut. Thanks!

9:50 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Regina, you didn't let me know your email address so I can properly thank you. I'm curious to know who you are! I so appreciate the kind words, especially since I have been in such a funk lately, and continue to question myself. Thanks!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giiirll!! What is there to question, you're awesome!!

It's funny that you mention the over the moon photos I purchase rubber stamps and sheets of replica vintage images with those cardboard moons because they look so cute from ARTchix

http://www.artchixstudio.com/

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

You always remind me of things I had long ago forgotten! I wanted at some point, probably for our engagement photo or something, to do a replica photo of me and the hubby sitting "on" a cardboard moon. Or, if one still exists at some place like Coney Island or Atlantic City, I'd be on the next plane to get a portrait done - with an old-timey camera, of course.

2:23 PM  
Blogger silverlight said...

Rolled sox. 1940's and 50's. This from one who lived there.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

Love, LOVE these. And I have to laugh, because I started to comment before I read the other comments and almost said the exact same thing Liz did! ;)
Ooo, 30's? They make me think of "Our Gang". :D

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hair, the socks, the short dress, the stylized photography make me think: 1920's.

Going out on a limb, the art-nouveau border could mean early rather than late '20's?

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home