Saturday, November 04, 2006

Can't talk....eating

I have been 'assigned' to bring candy to Thanksgiving this year, so I have been checking out different recipes. Jen reminded me about Buckeyes, and it sparked my recollection of this similar recipe. I know the paraffin wax sounds gross, but a lot of recipes use that to get a hard candy shell. Just make sure you use the food-quality wax found in the grocery store.

These are super yum!

Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup butter
1 lb (1 box) powdered sugar
2 cups chunky peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies
mix above together and form into balls. Freeze one hour.

In a double boiler, melt:
6-oz chocolate chips
Two 9-oz Hershey bars
1/2 bar paraffin wax
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Dip the balls into the chocolate to cover completely. Place on waxed paper to harden. Drizzle the candies with remaining chocolate in a decorative zig-zag, and add sprinkles if desired.
Serve in mini baking cups.

4 Comments:

Blogger Very Mary said...

These are my favorite candies in the universe and all the rage here in Ohio (duh, the Buckeye State), but I never had a good recipe. So thanks a million!

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peanut butter, rice krispies and chocolate. Seriously, does it get any better than that?! Does it even need to?!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a couple recipes for candy that are easy and YUMMY!! Both are for bark. I just melt white chocolate in the microwave and mix with broken lemon drops for lemon bark. I then pour it out to harden on foil or wax paper covered cookie sheet.
For another one is cranberry pistachio bark. Melt the white chocolate and add the dried cranberries and toasted pistachios. Pour out onto foil or wax paper covered cookie sheet to harden.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

One year my cousin and I had a baking day and we ate these until we got sick. Sadly we didn't have the rice krispies in ours... I'm totally making this recipe!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home