Monday, December 25, 2006

Gifts

Any of you who regularly read my blog know, hopefully, that I really aim to live my life above surface level. And I've really discovered that what comes back at you is a lot more positive if you give out a positive attitude. So despite working retail at Christmas, despite not having my own family or even a boyfriend right now, I have just been really pretty comfortable. I have been learning how to better accept what I HAVE versus whining about what I do not. And Christmas, therefore, was especially sweet this year.

I feel the child-like wonder again when looking at twinkly lights. I ask customers about their meal plans, or items they purchase, or I ask about their dogs. I seek out conversation and connection. It's not sappy, it's not contrived, it's just simple and...well, nice. And, when it comes right down to it, what more do you need?

I love sending mail, and giving gifts, and of course I love receiving. Duh.
My favorite gift this year?
Well, first a morning phone call from a friend, saying "love you".
It really doesn't get better than that.
But present wise, I got a certificate to take a class at
Amy Malone's School of Cake Decorating along with my friend Jen. I mean, how cool is that?! Jen always trys to tell me that she isn't good at gift giving--I beg to differ. So next year these pages should include a lot of fun cakes!

I hope you found joy in simple things also today. I hope you embraced it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Libbys Blog said...

Hi! I have been blog hopping and found you. I have recently started crafting so will pop back from time to time to see what your up to!!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a Happy New Year.

I watched a silly movie with my daughter called "THE PERFECT MAN" that has Heather Locklear in it as a cake decorator. The best part of the movie were the scenes of the funky looking cakes.

I can't wait to see your creations.

You'll have to make yourself a lucky cake decorating apron. :}

9:39 AM  
Blogger No Mas said...

That IS a nice gift. I'd much rather have something like that than something I must find a place for.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb,
I just wanted to say "Happy Holiday's and wishing you a fantastic "New Year"!!

~Catrina

11:37 AM  
Blogger LauraK said...

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year Barb. I love your blog!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home