Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ah, size really does matter!

Have you seen the new Pottery Barn catalog?
Evidently old is new again.
Do you remember the Brady Bunch had a big wooden fork and spoon set on their wall? Well, it's a bit modernized now, but it's baaaack.
What's up with that?!
Geez, for that price I'd rather go to ebay and get one from the 70's with a tiki on it.

Well, I'm not diggin' a huge fork and spoon, but 18-inch clothespins, on the other hand...
Now these are cool.

I wonder if they have heard of Claes Oldenburg?

I mentioned this same artist last year.

For fun, more works by Oldenburg here
(I like the buried bicycle.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

My parents had the actual wooden spoon and fork. I considered it for a while, but decided it would be too trendy then dated, just like the original. But I am digging the clothspin for my laundry room. SWEET!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

Guess what we have? Yup - the tiki version of the fork and spoon. I should send you a pic.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Monogram Momma said...

They've got a huge pair of scissors in the PB-Kids catalog that I LOVE. how cute would those look on the wall of the sewing/crafting room?

6:17 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I knew you would dig a tiki version... (My parents had a set...)

I kinda like the clothes pins...

love the buried bicycle.

6:47 AM  
Blogger JustMe said...

Your comments on these house-hold items are so true! What are they thinking, updating those utencils?? But theysure did right with those clothespins. Thanks for the laugh and the kitch.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Maize Hutton said...

HA! I made my dad buy my mom a huge fork and spoon when we were in San Francisco. They were about as big as I was at the time. I remember the stewardesses laughed at me while I directed my father around the plane demanding he not wreck them. Just what every Montanan needs in her kitchen!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home