Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Inspiring Images

Well, this is supposedly a crafting blog.
To, uh, showcase all my crafty sewing stuff.

Right now...I got nothin'.
Squat.
Zilch.
Zip.
Nada.

Internet inspiration, though--I got tons of that.

Like this amazing art collaged apron by Calamity Kim.

And this too.
Kim's website here.

Button bracelet made with men's silk ties, from Tiger Lilly Shop (etsy)
I love creative ideas like this!

And how fun is this slide?!
As seen on Flickr.
It is labeled Rutschkopf (I'm not sure if that's a word for playground or something).
It's in Sweden, in Karlskrona.

Hysterical vintage embroidery transfers from Floresita.
You really need to read about them!
I am determined to find a copy of these!

And, just because...
a gratuitous pic of the cute Makai
Makai--wet dog at Dog Beach
Pretty good for a cell phone pic, huh?

Yes I will, I will, I will be crafting again soon.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

Hi Barb,

"Rutschkopf" means (literally translated) "slide head" in German.
(The other photos of that Flickr account are also labeled German).
By the way, playground would be "Spielplatz".

Cheers,
Claudia

9:37 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Oh well, I thought I was going to be the first to enlighten you... But then again I only knew that "Kopf" was head in German.

I am so digging those vintage embroidery transfers... Hvae you seen the ones on "My house is cuter that yours?"

4:08 AM  
Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

I love the idea of making a button bracelet from ties. I have been picking the ties up at garage sales for a while now but have only made a belt and a neckpiece for my daughter out of them.

This gives me some new ideas...or at least pilferred ideas from someone else.

If I knew how to attach photos of them here I would. Any ideas of how to do this?

Pattie

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful doggie. I just love that little girl with the broom :)

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- Thanks for the compliments! I love the "head slide" wouldn't that be fun?!!!! Have a happy day- go make something! Better yet, come see the Paper Doll Hat Swap I blogged about!!!That'll give you something to do!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing can't be used for jewelry. Everything is suitable for decoration.

These pictures inspire and inspire.

11:30 PM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

Oh I love those transfers! And the doggie too of course. I will be on the lookout for those McCalls patterns.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home