Friday, March 07, 2008

Photo Friday

Me and dad
I want to pay a tribute to my dad today.
Monday would have been his birthday.
He passed away over four years ago, but it's really still too raw for me to get into depth about. I cope through numbness.
We were very close. He called me "Bopper" or "Boppy Annie" (for awhile, my car license plate was BOPIANI).
He was kind and gentle and loving.

This photo appeared in the family Christmas card the year I was born.
I was an April baby. The only girl after three boys and an eleven year gap.
When I was a kid, he would get on his knees and serenade my friends with his beautiful voice.
I am so thankful to have had the fortune to have had him for my dad.
I miss him dearly.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

That's a sweet picture and lovely post about your Dad. I had done a similar thing last week in honor of my Dad's birthday that was a sad day for me.

1:51 PM  
Blogger kt said...

So sweet. What a loving tribute. I'm glad you felt up to sharing some memories of him; it means that more of us get to share your special dad.

XX' & OO's

9:34 PM  
Blogger Cindy Is Crafty said...

Barb,
I, too, am an April baby. Isn't it great to be loved that much by your daddy! I, too, was a daddy's girl. He used to call me Piggy. I collect little piggies in honor of that.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about your dad. It sounds like you were very special to him.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm late on this, but that is certainly no excuse.

You offer just a few beautiful details, but they sum everything up; your feelings, your gratitude, your grief.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home