Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Neckties, and window shopping

First off, I want to announce that I have started a new blog,
devoted to Sewing with Neckties.
It's called Artful Ties: making art from men's neckties.
Please come over and visit.
Maybe subscribe with bloglines.

Secondly, I've been off work this week (no transportation), so I've had too much time on my hands.
Time=internet cruising.
But look at the goodies I found!

I love this plaid hat from the etsy store of Nancy Gamon.



Cocktail Monkey necklace, at Perpetual Kid.

Magazine bowls tutorial, on craftster.

Jewelry from trash.


Make a melted monkey bowl, from Deep Fried Kudzu.


Make a Marshmallow Peep carousel like Thrift Shop Romantic

Make your own Ding-Dong cake, by Smitten Kitchen

and (drumroll....) I give you the Krispy Kreme Cheesecake.
Again, this is Deep Fried Kudzu.
That recipe sent her immediately, do not pass go, right into my favorites list.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hia Barb! Love your bag that is so professional looking. I love Etsy too but have to be careful to keep purchases under $35 because of import tax this end. I never thought of melting the plastic monkeys together. What marvellous ideas people come up with.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love that tartan hat, esp since it was made from re-loved fabrics.

I'm off to check our your necktie blog now...

7:28 AM  
Blogger ginger said...

Hi! Thank you so much for finding me (and that you like the monkey bowl & Krispy Kreme cheesecake! haha!). I love all the other great ideas too...you have such a fun blog - now I'm off to read your other posts. Thanks again!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Our Hands For Hope said...

Love the pick up monkey bowl....your amy butler entry is beautiful.
Terisa

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home