Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wow--look what I got!

Holy cow, what a swap the Sweet Goodness Hanging Hearts turned out to be.
Cindy couldn't have made anything more personalized and perfect than the hanging hearts I received.
Here's a side-by-side of the front and back of my hanging heart (I stole the pic off Cindy's blog)
Can you believe it?

She copied five family photos of mine that I had posted here on my blog.
Wow.
I only have a scanner (I WILL be buying a camera soon), but imagine five hearts strung together with pieces of lace. Cindy said, "I connected the hearts with pieces of lace making sure that they all were able to spin independently of each other so they were a bit like a mobile."
The top:
Top of heart mobile
The base with a pearl 'B':
Base of heart mobile

On the back side of each pink fabric heart is a collage of sheet music, buttons, and crocheted doilies.
Back of heart mobile
The doilies represent Cindy's own family history, with her memories of a great aunt who often made them.

And that's not all!
Gifts from Cindy
She sent a doggie magnet, pink ribbon candy, a crocheted heart pin, and a necktie daisy pin!
I am overjoyed with this package.
Thank you Cindy, for being such a fantastic swap partner.

My hanging heart is going to be displayed year round.
I love it!

You can read Cindy's post about the project here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy Is Crafty said...

Barb, I am thrilled that you like it. I really loved making it for you and knew it has to have the pic after I read your post about memory art. Also, the family pics you post are too awesome not to be used.

I hope the ones I picked are your favs,too.

Thanks for beings such an awesome partner. I love my hanging heart you made for me, too.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a bit like a mobile"

What a lovely thing to have scenes from your life forever spinning in the air! A wonderful trifecta of life + art + a good friend.

Life can be good, right?

11:37 PM  
Blogger Vallen said...

I just knew you would like everything. Cindy is so thoughtful and she hit all your favorite things.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

This is one of the most thoughtful art projects I have ever seen! So lovely!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I love it! It's so sweet with all your photos. Thihs was such a fun swap, so many wonderful hearts out there!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home