Thursday, February 14, 2008

Will you be my Valentine?

I have a steady stream of regular readers to this blog that make this ride all the more worthwhile.
I appreciate every visit and every comment more than I can express.
Especially when they stick by me through computer problems and problems with posting photos.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And a special thank you to Nannybird Crafts for sending me this email button today.
Pretty cool, huh?

I cruised the internet for fun Valentine links today.
Like the goodies at All Pop: kitsch and curios from around the world.
The shop (read the blog too) has great vintage Valentine images, as well as items like stickers, and kids clothes with Valentine appliques.

Crocheted heart tutorial at Bella Dia.


Make your own cookie cutters, from Instructables (but posted by Baking Bites, and linked on Not Martha).

Valentine's Day makes me think of pink cakes or cupcakes.
The idea of fresh strawberry frosting intrigues me.
It's something I want to try.
Ummmm...this recipe looks good.
Another recipe here.
A different version here.

Speaking of strawberries, Suse of Pea Soup makes these luscious knitted bookmarks.
She has generously shared the instructions, but I purchased some from her directly.
Lovely.

Laura of Rick Rack Ruby makes Necktie Strawberries.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Barb! I really am a crappy commenter but I'm a great lurker. :)

Thanks for sharing those patterns and recipes!

hugs

12:27 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Barb! I really am a crappy commenter but I'm a great lurker. :)

Thanks for sharing those patterns and recipes!

hugs

12:29 PM  
Blogger Simply Me Art said...

Happy Valentines Day to you, Beautiful pictures...

1:46 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

Thanks for the linky love!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home