Monday, April 07, 2008

For the love of murals

I love street art.
That includes, for the most part, grafitti, and most certainly murals.
Mural
(click on image to enlarge)

This is part of a huge mural on the side of a building on Morena Boulevard in San Diego, featuring two marlin and a school of dorado.
It was painted by Chuck Byron.
The mural is easily visible to the adjacent freeway traffic (Interstate 5 North).

I'm not really a fish person (I'm definitely not into fishing), but this is so bold and colorful, it can't help but make me smile.

Mural marlin
Mural dorado

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger svelteSTUFF said...

How is your gardening going? Haven't heard any reports lately!! Was thinking of you as my first 'indoor start' seeds started popping through their soil pots!!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Cool mural! Hey, I have a chinese lantern plant too, very small, haven't seen it yet, so maybe it didn't make it. Have you ever tried Lavatera? Its an annual, big pink hibiscus like flowers!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home