Saturday, May 31, 2008

Five Things Meme

Celtic Mommy tagged me for a five things meme.
The rules:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?
Hmmm, a lot of the same that I'm doing now--dog-sitting and working retail. Though I think I was also writing CD and band reviews for an online music site (a big deal one actually), and I had a boyfriend then (that relationship lasted four years. It ended about three and a half years ago). Five years ago, my dad was still alive, though quite ill.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1- Work on apron for Tie One On (it's going to be late. What else is new?)
2- Finish planting asparagus
3- Mail two packages and pick up my mail at post office (the main post office here is open until 4pm on Saturdays)
4- Wash clothes
5- Study for Monday's final exam
Note: I did accomplish all these things, but I can't believe I forgot to watch the cooking shows on PBS today! Aarrggggh! At least Diary of a Foodie will be available online eventually.

What are five snacks you enjoy?
A better question to ask me, ahem, would be what snacks DON'T I enjoy? I'm really bad. I eat tons of junk food
1- Milk chocolate
2- Coca Cola, Coca Cola, Coca Cola (Mexican kind with sugar cane preferred)
3- Hawaiian BBQ chips from Trader Joes
4- Quesadillas, preferrably gorditas but definiately flour tortillas, with cheddar cheese and sea salt
5- The ice cream cones at Chick-Fil-a (or Tasty Freeze)

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1- Take my mom on a train trip across Canada
2- Take my closest friends to someplace wonderfully exotic
3- Buy a house in California. Maybe a turn of the century bungalow, with crazy wood details and built-ins. (You pretty much have to be a billionaire to do that here. No more American Dream. Not in California anyway)
4- Save some land from development
5- Donate to a worthy cause--maybe SOHO (Save our Heritage Organization)

What are five of your bad habits?
1- I love coming up with ideas for things--planning a design or a project. I love finding the materials I need or doing research. It's the follow-through and finishing part that I suck at.
2- I'm pretty lazy--I can lay on the couch and watch crime shows or food shows all damn day. Luckily I don't have cable at home, or I wouldn't get anything done! But I am thankful for that level of freedom to do as I please.
3- I have lots of cababilities and talents, but I don't have any goals to speak of. So I end up sort-of going through life in circles and not getting anywhere. I don't know how to channel my passions.
4- I have so many copies of patterns I have promised to send to people. I have good intentions, and I always come through in the end, but I hate going to the post office unless it's to pick up mail. Ditto going to Kinkos. Ugh.
5- I'm a grazer. I eat all day. Mostly junk food. Considering all the horrible stuff I've read about high fructose corn syrup lately, I really need to find alternative snacks.


What are five places where you have lived?
1- I was born in San Diego. My dad worked for International Harvester, so we moved around to his job sites where he worked on turbine engines. As a kid, I lived in Louisiana, Texas, and Wyomming. We moved to the house I grew up in when I was six
2- My first apartment was a cute little house in Crown Point (on the bay in Pacific Beach/San Diego)
3- In the late 80's I lived in San Jose. I hated it, so I moved up into the mountains in Aptos (by Santa Cruz), right on the water. Northern California wasn't a good fit for me, so after a year and a half I moved back home to San Diego
4- I sublet a loft in San Francisco for about a month while I was waiting for my work transfer to come through
5- I grew up in the East County, but it's near the beach that I love to call home. I've had three apartments in Pacific beach, a little cottage in Ocean Beach, rented an apartment in Point Loma, rented three houses in Clairemont. I lived in Rolando over by SDSU for a couple of months but it wasn't friendly enough to my liking. Now I live all over the county in other people's homes while they vacation.

What are five jobs you’ve had?
1- reservation sales agent for US Airways
2- proof operator for San Diego County Credit Union
3- my first job was McDonald's. I highly recommend this as a first job, because they teach you to have a fire under your butt--to keep busy, keep moving.
4- I did window displays for Miller's Outpost Clothing store
5- I sold wedding gowns, I worked for a pharmacy and delivered drugs to convalescent hospitals, I cashiered in a flower shop, I bagged groceries at Gemco (Lucky supermarket), I worked in lingerie at Bullocks Wilshire, and I've worked for one of those "big box stores" for almost 25 years now (ugh).

Five people I tag:
I'm going to break the rules here and not tag anyone. I personally don't mind being tagged, but I can't be positive that's the case with any of you. So I won't tag anyone, but feel free to play along if you'd like.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home