Friday, August 22, 2008

Aarrgghh

I feel like rambling tonight...

Pet peeve:
Green traffic signals are intended by use by cars.
Hello, pedestrian, look for the symbol of the little man in white lights, and listen for the bird chirp sound.
You know that flashing hand in red lights? Yeah, that's why cars are honking.

Another thought:
Trader Joes irritates me.
There is a column in the weekly Food section of the newspaper that gives recommendations for products, and recently it gave a thumbs up to TJ's sun-dried tomatoes.
So I went to the Pacific Beach location, saw they had more than one type, so took two jars up to the management desk to ask which one had been in the newspaper.

Uh, simple question, right?
Evidently not.

The two guys behind the desk were condescending and with attitude.
Guy: "We don't advertise, so it must have been someone else."
Me: Uh, yeah, it was in the Food section.
Guy:(blank stare).
Guy: (repeat of same first sentence)
Me: The newspaper recommended this product. If it were my store (which also doesn't advertise), we'd have the article pinned up in the breakroom. Doesn't that make sense?
Guy: (look of disdain) I don't read the newspaper. (shoulder shrug)

I took the items that were in my basket, put them back in their proper locations, and left.
A girl at another TJ location said "it is not our policy to advertise", meaning they would not put the article up by the product.
Pretty frickin' stupid is what I think.

I will never return to that PB location again.
I wrote a note of complaint to TJ's.
I did not receive a response.

The product, since the article came out, has been sold out.
Note to TJ's: customer service is a beautiful thing.
Note to Guy(s): the newspaper rocks. Maybe you need to learn how to read.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Sorry you had a bad experience with TJ - We love him... Shop there regularly.

BTW I have heard that sundried tomatoes in oil are best flavor wise. You can rinse off the oil. (Or so that is what I heard on ATK - I personally don't care for them.)

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home