Monday, August 11, 2008

Lovely vintage linens

Friday ah is Sassy
Isn't this cute?!
It says, "Friday ah is Sassy."
(click on image to enlarge)

I found this at a thrift shop the other day for 50 cents.
It's hand embroidered on a big flour sack dishtowel.

It is well used, and hopefully it was well loved, so it has stains and holes...
but it's still charming.

I could cut the design off the old towel and make it an applique and thereby save it.
Or, I could just continue to use it.
I haven't decided yet.

The shop had miscellaneous linens, and there were two other towels there embroidered with a Dutch girl motif.
My friend debs is of Dutch heritage, so I briefly considered buying them for her, then decided against it because it's not really her style.
Then I came home and mentally popped myself in the head.
What was I thinking? They were two for a dollar! Helloooo....
I went back today, and they were gone. Aarrgghhh.
I mean, even as a gift wrap they would have been adorable.
I did, however, pick up another with a pineapple motif that I love, so the trip was still worthwhile.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger GlorV1 said...

That is so cute. I love vintage items. I have a few myself and often frequent the thrift shops where they always have aprons, tablecloths, etc. Real darling. I would just wash it very good by hand and then use it. Take care.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how much joy you can find in such a simple thing.

You can just imagine the years of joy, fighting, and whatnot that went on within earshot of that towel.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home