Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pig Noses

Photo Friday is about an hour and a half early this week.

This is a pic from my friend debs' wedding.
Pig Noses
A group of elegantly dressed bridesmaids, donning pig noses.
(no, we did not walk down the aisle like that)
You'll have to click on the photo to enlarge it--flickr doesn't size horizontals well.

I am on the very left, then Tomi Jo, Janice (in gold because she sang at the wedding), and the maid of honor was Tracie.
Our hair is back in ponytails fastened with velvet bows.
We wore velvet gloves, satin skirts, and carried red tulips with shimmering leaves brushed with gold leaf.

The bride and groom were married in front of a Christmas tree at the historic US Grant Hotel in downtown San Diego.
Favors on the tables were little presents--black and white boxes of chocolate truffles.

Debs is traveling in Europe right now with her son, so I couldn't ask her to remind me of the year she married, but I'll take a guess and say it was December 1987.

The bride and groom honeymooned in Europe (debs loves Europe), and waltzed in Vienna on New Years Eve.
Ah....so romantic.

Wow, more than 20 years ago.
Time just zooms by...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb I've nominated you for an award. The pic for it is on my side bar.

What glamourous dresses. I can remember 20 years ago no problem. I'd just like to know what I've been doing for the last 10 or so. LOL Old age! ROFL

12:32 PM  
Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

I'm trying to get behind the piano to grab a photo from the wall that shows the dresses that the brides maids wore at my mothers wedding in 1948. The look was very similar to these dresses.

I have always thought these dresses to be the prettiest I have seen. I don't know what colors the dresses were for my mothers wedding (and can't find out since she is no longer among us) but I sure would have loved to know. I will send you the photo if a can squeeze behind the piano!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Susannah said...

I love anything nutty. This one sounds delicious!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home