Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fruit dressed up for dessert

I went to a home barbecue on July 4 where there was a huge spread of homemade goodies.
I was really intrigued by a dish that was sitting on the counter--we couldn't figure out if it was cheese or cheesecake.
It turned out to be watermelon!
This is such a fun dessert.

watermelon almond tart


The recipe tries to be low calorie by using non or low-fat yogurt, but please, skip that zero flavor nonsense and use French Vanilla whole milk with cream top by Stonyfield farm.
Honestly, low and non-fat yogurt make no sense to me whatsoever.
Flavor and quality, now that makes sense.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

I had that yogurt once a couple of months ago and I'm still thinking about it! I'll eat low-fat yogurt but non-fat cheese freaks me out.

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks amazing! It sounds yummy, too.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O great Barb. I have to look at this on the morning I have my annual physical exam...and I can't eat anything this morning. At least I know what I want to eat after the exam is over.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty and unusual cake.

Yes i like "Albatros" it sums up warm days lazing in the sand dunes.

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home