Tuesday, July 01, 2008

For the love of Reese

It's pretty normal for me to get attached to the dogs I watch.
But not like this.
I would give up my business in a heartbeat if I could call this dog my own.
Reese
This is Reese (isn't that a cute name for a chocolate and peanut butter-colored doggie?).
We took a little trip to Fiesta Island.
That's the Sea World Tower in the background.

Reese
I just love him.
He's part pit, and I think part chow (he has a blue tongue).
And he is sooo sweet, and sooo smart.

Reese
I'm not sure of his history, but I think he was in foster care.
His new owners have only had him two months.
I have never met his owners--have only talked to them on the phone.
They left their apartment open for me to get the key (that's how good my references are).

But I didn't anticipate this guy stealing my heart.
I wasn't available to sit him the entire time they needed me, as I was booked elsewhere.
So I had to drop him off at a doggie daycare/kennel.
I cried.
I called the staff an hour later to make sure he was playing (they must have thought I was nuts).
I'm secretly fantasizing his owners won't be able to keep him...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

He is really cute and I like that name. Mmmm.....I have a craving now for peanut butter and chocolate.

Hopefully, I'll see you at Fiesta one of these days. I run there often with Scout.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Reece is beautiful. Some dogs are just plain "heart dogs" they get under your skin. It was hard being a fosterer but I knew I had to teach the dogs how to adjust from being strays or ex-racers into good family pets.

It's good that Reece has a family, however I don't think I would've left him after only a couple of months. I know these things are sometimes unavoidable and unforseen. It's good that he had you during that time.

7:03 AM  
Blogger MrBrownThumb said...

Barb,

That's a cool dog. Thanks for the kind thoughts you expressed on my blog. Hope to come back soon or see you on my blog.

And yes, the name is pretty fitting given the coloring.

9:23 PM  
Blogger kate smudges said...

He's an adorable dog - you must get attached to the dogs in your care!

8:19 PM  
Blogger kt said...

He's a handsome boy, what a great smile!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home