Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tasty Possibilities

I haven't actually tried any of these recipes (yet) but they sure do look yummy.


California wrap-ups, from the Avocado people.
There are so many options with these tortilla roll-ups--these ones have turkey and a cream cheese spread mixed with ranch dressing.
Costco sells them with a cranberry cream cheese (yum! Canned sauce beaten into cream cheese) and turkey filling in a flat bread, and calls them Highrollers.
Just vary the filling to suit your tastes--think of what you like on a sandwich, and pretty color combinations.
For example, you can add pesto, or sundried tomatoes. Maybe you'll want to add chopped olives, or make taco-like concoctions by spreading refried beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa or sliced tomatoes, and maybe hamburger meat.
Just make sure you eat them when they're fresh--these suckers get soggy way too quickly, and are gross if left overnight (Costco prepares them a day in advance, which I think is the wrong thing to do). Some of the online recipes for these call for refrigerating overnight, but I would advise against that. One recipe calls for pineapple chunks--hello, those things are so juicy, the tortillas would turn to muck overnight.

I'm not a meatloaf fan, but this recipe intrigues me.


I really want to try B's Peanut Butter Coleslaw

Speaking of peanut butter, I really want to try these peanut butter mashed potatoes, even if Lisa is my least favorite contestant on Top Chef.

I love the cookies you get at Chinese Restaurants with the almond on top.
This recipe for almond cookies looks promising.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Ooh, we love your blog! It's our first visit, but we will be back!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Gosh Barb, I'm so excited that you put my recipe on your blog. Thanks! The California rollups with avocado sound yummy.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

I've had the turkey roll-ups from Costco many times and had no idea they were called Highrollers. I want to make some with pesto now. Thanks for the great ideas! (And, Lisa is my least favorite contestant EVER.)

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home