Monday, June 09, 2008

Art with impact


I am just ga-ga over this room.
Hopefully one day I'll have my own house, and when I do, I'm devoting a wall to a mural.

This is from Surface View and was featured on the incredible website, Retro-to-go.
Seriously, I saw this and made that "hauh" sound where you involuntarily inhale.
Gorgeous.

Several years ago, I was at The Bob Marley Festival, and fell in love with a banner hanging over the stage.
Investigative soul that I am, I asked enough questions to figure out the name of the artist.
I tracked him down (he's a local muralist) and commissioned him to create a similar image of Mr. Marley.
I think we agreed on 5' x 6' or something like that, at $750.
Ever the poor child, I was paying him in increments.
I paid $250 when he went on a pilgrimage to Peru, and I was doing something...
and we lost contact.
I know he's still around town.
I hope he'll still honor my down payment, and I'll get my painting eventually.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Wow, sad about that artist. Hopefully he'll be honest and get a hold of you. For some reason, giant wall murals of people are kind of creepy to me. Funny how everyone has such different styles. :)

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb, might be worth tracking the artist chap down just in case he has forgotten.

I like the simplicity of line in the room but the floor would soon be taken up with crafting and I'd have to put a cosy fireplace in for cold nights. I KEEP trying to do minimalist but like too many things.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home