Saturday, June 21, 2008

Weaving on a handheld loom

This booklet from 1945 features design ideas using a handheld loom.
Vintage Potholder Loom booklet

Look at all the great weaving designs possible, just from varying color and direction.
(click on images to enlarge)
Loom weaving designs

And looms just aren't for potholders either!
Wow, stuffed animals--
Loom Animals

Baby items--
Baby items made from handheld loom

Even a doll!
Doll made from handheld loom

Purse designs are posted on my bag blog.

Vintage goodness, little girls weaving
Vintage loom weaving

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great blog!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love the little girls weaving together. I reminds me of a photo I found while researching our elementary school's 70th anniversary -- boys and girls weaving baskets.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Now if only to find the loom itself...dreaming....

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely booklet barb.

Yes I would've like to be at Wonderland opening too.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home