Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Any suggestions

I have had an email address with Yahoo for several years.
I switched over from Hotmail, because Hotmail just wasn't reliable about getting my mail to me.
It has worked out fine until last week.
Yahoo switched over to Beta--a supposed "improvement".
Though the switch occurred awhile ago, it only hit my account last week.

I hate it.

When Blogger switched to Beta, I hated that too.
But Blogger gave me the option to return to the classic template, so I'm happy.
Had I not been given that option, I would have found another blog site.

That being said, Yahoo doesn't have the option of going back.
Aarrggghhh.
Do you have a suggestion for a new email host?
I've tried gmail, but that won't work either.
Though I like how gmail doesn't have all the stupid preface pages that Yahoo has (you go straight to your open mailbox), I just don't trust Google anymore.
I had spyware on my computer recently, and the damn thing kept switching over to Google.
Hmmmm.
I read on some blogs that Google sets spyware on your computer if you add their toolbar.
That's wrong on too many levels.
I try to not even use Google for a search engine anymore.

Anyway, any hints would be appreciated.

On a completely different topic: I heart Mia Michaels.
I thought that Tim Burton Wedding choreography was amazing tonight on So You Think You Can Dance.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb, I don't know if you have to use a web-based browser to check email, but I use Pegasus for my email and it is free and not that hard to configure. Also, I moved my blogs over to Wordpress and found it to be much more maleable. FWIW.

Mike

7:23 AM  
Blogger Vallen said...

When the "improvements" came up in Yahoo several months ago I opted to use the new format. But it was not very compatible with my computer. They allowed me to return to yahoo classic. Send them an email. They have always been very responsiv. Isn't it a pain? Typepad just "improved" are posting. It pretty much sucks. And I left Blogger when they wouldn;t let me post for two weeks.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Vallen said...

"Our" not "are", "responsive" not "responsiv" Darn, is it me or is it them? Hmmmmmmm?

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb my company will host you if you like -free.

5:05 AM  
Blogger The Tattered Rose said...

I can't offer any help with your computer woes, but I just wanted to say I love, love, love "So You Think You Can Dance". Mia is a genius and I also love Shawn Sparks, too who is also a judge on MTV's America's
Best Dance Crew. If you get MTV I bet you would love it, too. Season 2 just started.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home