Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Miscellaneous

Whew, far too long since I've posted.
So much going on.

I finally went to a chiropractor again today.
Serendipity brought an amazing doctor via, of all things, an online search.
After one adjustment, there is already a huge improvement.
I was tired of being tired. Tired of low back and right hip pain.
This doctor treats the whole body--which I love.
I have high hopes.

I also got a writing gig for a local San Diego website about environmental issues.
My first article will be about Slow Food.
Soooo much is involved, yet the concept is so simple--it's a movement away from rushed lives and fast food, back to traditional and fresh and flavorful.
It's about pleasure at the table.
More soon.

I started my T-shirt bag for the current challenge on
my purse blog.
Care to join the challenge?

My garden is coming along.
Yesterday I organized an herb bowl, and planted carrots, radishes, and tomatillos.
My asparagus are getting taller.
Though I should be harvesting melons right now, I am just about to plant some.
I'm behind, but I think they'll still be okay.
The garden will really change once I get a fence put up (hopefully soon).

Also, Gina saw the post about kissy bandaids and asked me if I'd send her some (they don't deliver to Australia).
I sent a tin of kiss-shaped bandages, and a few other thrifted embroidered items I thought she'd appreciate.
I've seen embroidered items go for top dollar even at thrift stores lately, but luck was with me when I found these things.

Embroidered flowers/spices
Embroidered Flowers/Spices
I had a tough time parting with these, and Gina said she can understand why.
I think they'd make cute pockets on an apron.
Caraway and poppy seed, only 50 cents each at a thrift store!

This small needlepoint for a personal address book--though soiled, it was just beautiful.
Needlepoint Leaves
Coincidentally, Gina collects phone book covers, so it was meant to be!
I can't believe I got that for just a quarter at a thrift shop!
She asked what I'd like in return, and I chose candy (of course!).
I sent her a sour apple Abba Zabba (one of my favs).

Gina sent this yummy assortment (that I scarfed up right away!) in a 'biscuit' tin (we would call it a cookie tin).

And the perfect goodie from a thrift shop too (she would say
'op shop')
a frame that says Woof!
Also two ties for my sewing projects, in unique colors.

Boy, the shipping charge from Aussie Land to the US was ouch expensive though (not so bad my way). Eek.
Thank you Gina!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

I saw the telephone book cover and was going to link to another one I just saw on a blog so you could see it too. I thought, What a coincidence! Then I realized it was the same one on Gina's blog. :) Congratulations on the writing job! And, I'm glad the chiropractor helped.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Barb, what a lovely lot of embroideries. Well done! I got 2 Autumn leaf ones today when I was in town. Will blog them later.

Best Wishes,
Melanie

10:28 AM  
Blogger svelteSTUFF said...

Hope you'll post a link to the "San Diego website about environmental issues." - will enjoy reading more of your writing!!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on slow food. Its hard for us here, wish I had a green house, we grow as much as we can in our raised beds.
Awesome embroidery finds!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Pattie - Chicagoland, IL said...

Wow! It sure sounds like things are going your way. I'm so happy to see someone I like meet with such good fortune. Bravo!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home