Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another vintage embroidered towel

Vintage embroidered dishtowel with fruit motif
Here's the other embroidered floursack dishtowel that I mentioned in my previous post.
I can't even believe I scored this for 50 cents. Wow.

First of all, I love fruit motifs, especially pineapples.
I tend to gravitate to Hawaiian and Pacific Island designs.
I especially appreciate the asymmetry in this piece--how the outline in black makes the leaves of the pineapple pop.
I love how white space is left to simulate how light would hit the fruit, and thereby give the shapes definition.
Very artistic.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger GlorV1 said...

Now that is really nice and you describe it in a very thorough way. "The white space is left to simulates how light would hit the fruit," is so artistic sounding. You have an eye for things. Nice buy. Take care.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great find! I can't believe you nabbed that for 50 cents.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Patty said...

Both towels are great, Barb! And, what a bargain!

10:28 PM  
Blogger KR said...

50-cents!! What a steal! I love finds like that! :) I think i feel a thrifting trip in my future :)

Kristin
Reclaiming The Home

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home