Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some of the best joys in the life are the simple ones:
a hot shower after a day at the beach, yummy coffee and good conversation, laughing so hard no sound comes out.

And getting snail mail.
Especially when that mail is a surprise, and a 'thinking of you'.

Today I opened up my mailbox to find this adorable book from Cindy.
It's filled with photos of cute doggies and inspirational sayings--it's awesome.
What a treat!
Thank you so so much!

I also spent time today with this handsome boy
Reese
We frolicked at Dog Beach this afternoon.

Then I came home to find a mound of dirt where yesterday I had zinnia seedlings coming up.
Whaaattt????

Uh oh, Mr. Gopher discovered my garden.

I installed a mole chaser.
It's a tube that you bury into the ground.
It holds four D-cell batteries and chirps every 30 seconds or so.
I have no idea if it will work, but the sound is audible even to me, and it's annoying, so I figure gophers have their paws over their little ears in their new home underneath my plants.
I intend to make that home uninviting.
I hope so anyway.

Move right along little buggers.
I don't want to kill them (I just can't), but I would like to have them find weeds on the hillside or something to eat.
Last week they demolished two of my mom's green peppers, a Dalia, mums, and Babianas.
The roots/bulbs were just gone...nothing.
Little shits.

Sigh...
I full-on believe in co-existing, but it's still irritating.
Mr. Snail and Mr. Grasshopper give me enough headaches.
(the daughter of one of my clients, with a ladybug)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

I am totally having visions of Bill Murray in Caddyshack trying to blow up that gopher now. I hope the mole chaser works!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my I was about to say the same thing about Caddyshack. LOL You just need that "Gone fishing" hat and a few sticks of dynamite. ROFL oh my that film had me doubled up it was so like reading a Tom Sharpe farce.

Lovely handsome lad- gorgeous staffie eyes.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Cindy Is Crafty said...

Barb,
Glad that it arrived and that you enjoy it.

Gophers are evil. Perhaps you could send them on vacation with Vallen's raccoons?? LOL!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home