Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Here She Comes to Save the Day....

Many of you know that I've been in the midst of the never-ending bedroom remodel for the past year.
One delay after another meant the floor wasn't installed until just recently.
Which meant all my stuff has been sitting outside for a year.
Under tarps, sure, but outside nevertheless.

I was optimistic about what I was going to find under those tarps, but was seriously disappointed by what actual damage was revealed.
I had a lot of books and art supplies stored in boxes in an old armoire.
Somehow rain managed to leak in, and boxes upon boxes of books were wet and mildewed.
It was heart-breaking.
A large plastic craft box of ephemera was filled with stale water.
I lost vintage postcards, photographs, papers for collage.

I mentioned this on Facebook, and MaryAnn immediately had a box of ephemera in the mail to me.

God you guys are amazing.

MaryAnn has sent me goodies in the past, and thankfully some of that was inside the house and safe, but she is definitely the queen of vintage goodness (and generosity too).
Check out her Etsy shop.

You see, tomorrow, I start a two-day workshop with
Sally Jean Alexander, author of Pretty Little Things.
The workshop is called Totally Tiara.
So I need collage materials.
And now I have awesome papers to use!
Thanks MaryAnn!!!
Details:

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Mary said...

Bummer about the ruined supplies but what an awesome friend to send you such goodies! Have fun at your workshop -- it sounds cool.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Oh Barb, I am sorry for you..We have just come through one of the worst storms in Melbourne's history, and the hail has done millions of dollars worth of damage to property, so I imagine there will be many people here who will also have lost valuable and rare possessions due to water damage. It's so nice to hear that another blogger has sent you some goodies to make up for your loss. I would love to send you some goodies too, but not really sure what you would like..{{{hugs}}}

7:13 AM  
Blogger Very Mary said...

A) I'm glad it arrived in time.
B) I hope that, even though they were slapped in an envelope rather haphazardly, there will be some good fodder for your class.
c) If you use those creepy girl/doll/cardstock things in your tiara? I'm going to whack you upside the head. CREEPY.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

A lady donated a whole scrapbooking store to the Cancer Society Discovery Shop, and the sale opens today. It's the one at the Von's shopping center on Midway in Point Loma. There's everything you ever need.

And too, the Thursday Club Sale starts tomorrow. :)

6:06 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

lol. Get ready to whack--I used one. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done without you. The funny part is, the teacher told me that moldy ephemera is the best. She said it makes it look more vintage. Ha! Who knew? She was so bummed I threw stuff out. Well, now I know....

7:24 AM  
Blogger Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I shouldn't even ask you this, but I just have to! I see some things in that pile that I would really, really love to have. If you haven't used everything already in a project, would you ever consider maybe trading some stuff or something? I've got ephemera, and if I knew what types of things in particular you like best or are looking for, I could put together a packet of stuff to trade? Would that be something you might ever consider?
I know this is kind of weird, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?
I hope not. And if it does hurt to ask, then please accept my apologies.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home