Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snapshot

I haven't been blogging as often, because I got into "micro-blogging" on Twitter and Facebook.
Twitter is okay but commenting is minimal, and Facebook just changed their layout so I've lost interest.
Which means I'll probably be blogging more often, even it's just minor subjects.
Minor subjects, after all, catalog day-to-day activities, and therefore often become significant.

I got together with my friend Cindy today, and we took her two Golden Retrievers, and the Australian Cattle Dog that I'm watching, down to play at Fiesta Island.
Cindy and I never run out of things to talk about, so time always zooms by when we're together.

Anyway, we were walking by the water, and a Basset Hound followed us.
She was a small dog that we initially thought was a puppy, with very defined markings. and a cute temperament.
Anyway, a couple approached, with the guy saying he had Bassets at home, and he just HAD to say hello.
He talked to the dog, and barked with her.

It was adorable.

And um, so was he.

Cindy and I spent quite awhile talking with them.
Turns out they both graduated from Tufts last year, then traveled to China to teach (yes, they speak Chinese).
They're out visiting her mom.
The girl threw the ball for our dogs and her own, and we all chatted about various subjects.
When we finally parted, and they had walked away, Cindy and I turned to each other at the exact time with the exact thoughts.

He was the epitome of the perfect man!
Tall, good body, handsome, gorgeous teeth, smart, educated, college degree, traveler, loves dogs, talks to dogs, can be silly, friendly, kind, and for God's sake can hold a conversation.

What a concept.

Cindy and I had to laugh.
She's happily married, but for me it gives me hope that maybe there really are men out there that might suit my needs.
Honestly, it's the talking to the dogs part that I love the most.
I want someone sensitive and kind like that.
Someone who will smile at funny stories.
But it was funny how Cindy and I were both talking to them, but at the same time registering so much information.
Like how his eye teeth made his teeth almost flat (a characteristic I adore).

Remember that old movie 'Annie Hall" and how they're on a date and they're talking, but you can hear their thoughts and insecurities and questions?
It's so interesting how our brains are so busy.

Anyway, it was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon--
walking the beach in the sunshine, throwing the ball for the dogs, the dogs full of joy, talking with a friend...
it was a snapshot of life at its simple best.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger svelteSTUFF said...

perfect moment in time!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

So did you get his name and number??

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Aubrey said...

Sometimes our brains get so busy, that we don't take the time to unscramble them - and then when we speak, the greatest foolishness comes out.

Well - in my case, at least.

Boyfriend and I will be spending the first weekend of May in San Diego!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home