Other than embellishment with either embroidered flowers or knitted flowers, my first knitted scarf is DONE!
I mentioned earlier that I had learned to knit a few months ago, and that I was working on this scarf.
I got the idea from Stitch 'n Bitch's "Ribbed for her Pleasure" scarf.
Because I found all these great wool/acrylic Amity yarn colors at Tuesday Morning, I decided to make some stripes.
I finished the edges with a blanket stitch, but (seeing as it was my first real project and all) it had some problems.
The ends splayed out, and the first few stitches I did were incorrect, making a diagonal pattern. Oops
Maybe those stitches shouldn't have bothered me, but they did.
One lady in my knitting club suggested I fold up the bad side and stitch the ends up... making muffs for my hands.
Doing that made the natural yarn and the heather yarn about the same width, so it was pleasing visually.
Here's the underside, showing the stitched seam.
I think this was a nice solution.
The knitted length was just over 5-feet, so I figured it was way long enough to wrap around my neck a few times.
(pic taken pre-blanket stitch)
Surprisingly, it works best just hanging down straight.
Oh well, overall I think it's a great first project.