Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things I Want to do in San Diego

Sometimes, especially when one lives in a city that is a tourist destination, it's easy to forget about all the fun things to do right in our own backyards.

I'm adding to my Bucket List, things I want to do/see/try locally
It's ever changing, but here is where I'm at right now
(note items crossed out were accomplished after this was first written)

Food & drink stuff:
Have a Mai Tai at the Bali Hai (tour?)
Have breakfast at Hash House a-Go-Go
Gotta try Richard Walker's Pancake House
Eat pommes frites at Cafe Chloe
Have cocktails at least one of the rooftop hotel bars
Check out The Studio Diner
Go back to Lahaina and hang out for an afternoon
Have an artichoke sandwich at The Roxy

Sports stuff: (me? yeah, sometimes)
Learn to snowboard on the magic carpet in Encinitas
Swim the La Jolla roughwater event, even though (actually because) I am petrified of swimming in the ocean

Places:
See a movie at La Paloma
Check out El Plantio Nursery in Escondido
Go on the photo caravan at the Wild Animal Park
Go back to Cinema Under the Stars and blog about it
Tour the US Grant Hotel
Tour Fort Rosecrans
Tour the Marsten House
Tour the Villa Montezuma
walk the pedestrian bridge in Hillcrest
walk the suspension bridge in Hillcrest
walk the Vermont Street bridge

Events:
go to the drive-in again
see the flowers bloom in Borrego
attend the annual Mother Goose Parade
attend the annual Big Bay Balloon Parade
Make Tiki Oasis an annual "to do" (I have my tickets for next month!)

Do you have a list of "to do's" where you live?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I include people on my bucket list?

10:37 AM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hey Barb, it's been a while since you blogged; great to see you back again! Too many people take their home towns for granted. Ken and I once spent a weekend walking around Melbourne, which is not a big city compared to San Francisco! But there is heaps to see and do. I've since done it again with girlfriends, and you can't see everything in a day. I should make a list of places like you have done. You tend to forget things you want to do, unless you write them down. Good idea!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home