Monday, May 28, 2012

Pops!

I have so much to catch up on here.
Like the birthday treats I made last year for my friend Jen's kids.

It has become a tradition for me to bake them something, starting with two years ago and the cupcakes I made that looked like Jen's daughter Callie.
Last year, I made my first attempt at Cake Pops, trying to make miniature cupcakes, except mine looked more just like blobs.
Oh well. It's the thought.

I was inspired by the book Pop Bakery.
I like that the recipes are from scratch, not the dreaded cake mix.

I bought some pretty sugar flowers at Do it With Icing.

And different colors of chocolate to melt

It was tedious to cut the tiny cakes into flower shapes

But that was all hidden by my globby chocolate dipping. Sigh...

She still seemed to like them!



Tomorrow, I'll show you what I made for Jen's son Ryan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home