Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fall decorating

I am thrilled by the Fall this year. Even in San Diego there are some leaves turning to red. The air is not too chilled, but no longer humid.

It's lovely.

My thoughts turn to home and creating warmth within. Flowers in a grapefruit cup. So fresh, so sweet.
Flowers in a grapefruit
(idea from Life magazine, 2006, not sure which month)

Some home decorating just equals Fall to me--like a bowl of uncracked mixed nuts. There's something warm and fuzzy and wonderful about that. It's a childhood memory, a piece of the past...innocence.

I have been baking muffins, gingerbread, and things with cranberries.

I saw this cute idea in the November 1 issue of Family Circle magazine. I have come to appreciate that magazine more and more.
So simple--just hollow out tiny gourds and fill them with candy, or tealight candles.
candy cups
It is always the simple things which hold the most sway. Always the simple things that last. Sometimes I need to remind myself of that when I want to overthink my crafts....
In simplicity lies elegance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Suesjoy said...

So pretty!
Good that you love to bake!
You're inspiring me...
Talk SOON!!
So sorry to have been out of touch.
We'll definately have to catch up.
Hope you are well,
Love,
Suexx

6:42 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm definitely trying the gourd idea. Thanks!

9:17 AM  
Blogger carrster said...

ooooh! Me too. Fall makes me feeling like nesting, decorating, crafting, baking and all those good cozy things. I love making the little teeny "pumpkin" tea light holders. They last for a quite a long time too!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autumn. As far as I'm concerned, it's what the year builds up to. It's what I'M talking about.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home