Monday, November 06, 2006

Ideas....

The Free People catalog makes me drool. Covet. Wish I could fall into the pages and live there.

Sure, I buy stuff online all the time, but there's something about paper catalogs... you can feel the weight of the paper in your hand, you can absorb the details of each photograph. You want to cradle each page, relish each design, take your time...
I feel the same way about book pages, photographs, and hand-written letters. There's a romantic element, an old-fashioned element.

There's a bunch of stuff I want to buy in here, but there are also a few items that give me some crafty ideas....

Like these amazing fabric luggage tags. Hmmmm.
owl luggage tag
I can see fabric gift tags, fabric jar labels, fabric greeting cards, cards that double as Christmas ornaments...
Really, the possibilities are endless. All that sparked from seeing this image:
(click on pic to enlarge)
free people tags
And look at the teddy bear, chest and foot pads a patchwork of different fabrics. Hmmm....

I want this hat.
free people hat

2 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

I think I need a grommet thingy. I would love to be able to add grommets to my crafts!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspirational catalogue, will you be making luggage tags, would love to see your version.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home