Monday, November 13, 2006

New skirt!

Have you ever heard women talk about how they need to lose baby weight...and the kid is like a teenager? Hello, that excuse is no longer valid.
Ditto for me and any weight I've gained due to stress after my dad passed away (three years ago today), and my boyfriend pulling an unexpected exit a year later. I mean, enough already. It has come to the point where even my 'fat clothes' are too small. That's not good.

So in the meantime (of my getting my act together), I need to have some clothes that fit. I made this drawstring skirt yesterday--super simple but really cute, using some thrifted reversible aloha/mod flower fabric (it's soft and sheet-like, but I'm not sure if that was its original purpose. No digital yet, so a scan will have to suffice.
blue skirt

The reverse lighter color may be the front side, but I preferred the more muted blue for the skirt. I considered using this color as an added pocket (not a part of the pattern) but decided against it.
flower reverse

Pic of me wearing it, you say? Ha! That ain't gonna happen.

Funny that I was just talking to Jen and I told her I wouldn't be sewing anything with blue (my least favorite color), and the last two handmade things I've posted have been, uh, blue. Never say never I guess.

This was made using a 'one hour' pattern that is still available, Simplicity 7229.

And Kelli, if you're reading this, I hope you like this pattern, because I bought you a copy too. I promise I will send your stuff soon!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I start out on a new diet, I always make sure I have some pretty outfits ready to keep me strong for the battle ahead.

And I don't want to break out into song or anything, so I'll just say good luck on your new regime and your new outlook. Creativity is power!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

So pretty, Barb! That fabric is a-mazing. And how clever to make a drawstring skirt that will still fit when you've reached your goal weight!

8:56 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Neat skirt - ditto the fat clothes comment... (I just don't seem to care enough to diet.)

5:32 AM  
Blogger carrster said...

Very cute skirt! :)

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable, barb!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger deb said...

I adore it. Looks like it'll be comfy and still dressy at the same time. Love it! :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Cute skirt and fabric! Don't stress about the weight!

1:56 PM  
Blogger beki said...

I love that skirt pattern! I made many using that pattern this past summer.

5:55 AM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Always necessary to have drawstring items on hand for those times when we're feeling none so, uh, thkinny. Just cinch that baby up as you shrink. All the time, you'll be looking hot in your fanc-Y skirt. Cute fabric!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

Cute skirt! Yeah, I guess I should have lost this baby weight already, huh? I mean, considering she's 13 and all. ;)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home