Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'd love to hear your ideas!

A co-worker asked me if I'd make her ring pillow for her wedding.
Not wanting anything typical, I'm trying to come up with something really wonderful.
Do you have any websites or ideas for me?

One idea I have is to sew a ruffle from sparkly organza or tulle and fill it with silk rose petals, confetti, or personalized M&M's (their favor).
Shoot, even rice or birdseed might be fun.
Or glitter. The bride is a sparkly type.

Another is to make the Amy Butler flower pillow.
But I'd have to make it on a smaller scale.

Another is collage the couple's photos onto fabric and make a pillow from that.

The bride is overwhelmed with having to choose.
I just want to submit great ideas to her.
I mean, pillows are a breeze to make--it's wild how expensive they are.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

A small wedding cake with a channel in the top to hold the rings? Their wedding invite silkscreened onto a pillow? A simple pillow with either a print or embroidered hands--hands clasped with rings on, one hand slipping a ring ono the other, etc? Many different rings--circus rings, a racetrack, rings of a tree, with the actual wedding rings placed somewhere important to the motif?

8:09 PM  
Blogger kt said...

Sorry, Barb, I thought I'd given it to you B4--I'm at kamsarmer@cox.net!

8:36 PM  
Blogger holly* said...

personally, i would make a functional pillow. something they can really use (i.e. throw on the couch/bed as decoration) to remind them of the big day. it seems like a person ends up with a lot of single use items at the end of the day.

the small amy butler pillow is a good idea. maybe find some really cool fabric that coordinates with their wedding motif that makes the pillow stand out, but fit in.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Pockafwye said...

We used a bowl of coarse salt to hold our rings before our wedding. Many religious traditions believe salt is purifying.

As a bonus, we used a bowl I had made myself.

http://flickr.com/photos/pockafwye/142387891/

You could use a coarse salt like sea salt to stuff the pillow, if it is small enough that it wouldn't be overly heavy. It would feel about like a beanbag stuffed with small beans.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Amy Butler pillow looks so pretty. Perhaps you could make it into a flower she is using in her bouquet?

2:37 PM  
Blogger maggiegracecreates said...

I love the idea of having the invitation printed onto the fabric. My ring pillow was mafe from a napkin that was part of my grandmothers formal linens then I used ribbons from a baby dress of mine and my aunt tatted lace for the edge. Are there any sentimental things like that available.

The coolest I have seen was a stuufed white glove mounted on a Bible with flowers and pearls. The rings were stacked together on the ring finger of the glove.

Would not use M & M s as the stuffing - critters may find that appealing later and destroy the pillow.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home