Monday, August 08, 2005

Dog Beach

surfer

I thought it might be fun to share pics of Dog Beach, in Ocean Beach, in San Diego, California. This is a leash-free zone where surfers, waders, swimmers, sunbathers, and doggies all coexist happily. There are two other beaches in San Diego that are dog-friendly, but they are more restrictive, and are only leash-free during winter months. Being a dog-sitter, I take a lot of my clients here. I prefer OB, because there is more land to walk, birds to chase, etc. This was an uncharacteristically overcast day, with no surf, but at least you might get a feel for the place. The entry to the sand from the parking lot is a concrete walkway in the shape of a paw print. Too bad I ran out of film before seeing the guy in a spring suit (i.e. short-sleeved wet suit) and a cowboy hat (note to tourists: NOT a good look).

dog beach playing

doodle waves

doodle swim

dog beach

1 Comments:

Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

I can smell wet dog from here!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home