Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ooey Gooey Goodness


 Posted by Picasa

CARAMEL POPCORN
1 box brown sugar
1 cup white (Karo) corn syrup
Combine and boil 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook to soft ball stage (drop a bit into a bowl of water, and if you can form it into a ball, it's ready for the next step).


 Posted by Picasa
Add one cube butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
then pop enough corn to fill a couple large bowls, and toss together. My friend (whose mom gave me this recipe) insists it has to be the old fashioned kernels that you cook in oil, but I cheated and used microwave type. I got the natural kind without butter and just a bit of salt, and I used three bags.
Makes 40 popcorn balls, or use for chewy type caramel apples or apple slices. Super sweet, so kids tend to like this more than adults. Store in tupperware, or it gets kind-of soggy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This recipe is extremely rich and probably not that tasty. Health concious fplks do not need this.

11:12 AM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Ha! Then don't make it, 'anonymous'. That's pretty simple. The rest of us will enjoy it. That you would post a negative comment the first day of the year and not even sign it, just boggles the mind.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has been one of my favorite recipes since I was a kid! It is awesome! No one should knock this before they try it. It is addicting.

6:15 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Thanks to the second anonymous for making my night. I was just thinking about this recipe too. Odd. And it really is yummy. For me, food is all about joy. I will only eat whole milk yogurt with a cream top, for example, because the taste is divine. Any other option just pales by comparison. I never place restrictions on myself with low calories, or use crap like artifial sweeteners. Joy people. Joy.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home