Saturday, November 12, 2005

Joyful Kitsch


I can't help it--I love kitsch! I love roadside architecture (cafes shaped like hotdogs, etc), and I love fun stuff like this Chicken Truck. This if from God Bless Americana. If you live near Los Angeles, Charles Phoenix gives retro slide shows (featuring slides from the 60's or thereabout, with people on vacation, pics of interesting structures, fun memories). On occasion you might be lucky enough to attend one of his architectural tours (he has done Disneyland and other significant areas around LA, telling about history in a very entertaining fashion). He also has several books available (good Christmas gift idea!), and if you sign up for his newsletter, he'll send a fun slide to your inbox every week. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

Ha ha! love it! wonder how much is the bad candy?

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home