Monday, November 14, 2005

Vintage Cookbook, 1968


 Posted by Picasa
No, it's not Batman, it's a funky old cookbook. I love this kind of thing. I love the vintage recipes that use real butter, real sugar, and all the flavorful fat. I am positive that the future holds lots of disease all related to processed low calorie nonsense like Splenda. No thank you. There are a couple of recipes in here that I want to try, like Banana Apple Pie--I've never had cooked bananas in a pie, but I am definitely willing to check it out. There are banana oatmeal cookies (I gravitate to all things banana), and salted peanut cookies. The fun part of these old books are the quotations they use, like this gem that just says "from a Sunday paper":
Something still hot from the oven
can sweeten a love turned sour;
women, long before hippies,
knew about flour power!

And:

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

How cool would that cover be, color-copied and framed in a kitchen?!

Love it!

4:56 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

I am right there with you about that splenda stuff!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home