Sunday, January 15, 2006

"Monument to a Bear"

This is an article published in the 'Night and Day' section of The San Diego Union-Tribune, back in October 20, 2005. These words and this image just grabbed my gut and twisted...again, that's the purpose of art. And it leaves me with plenty of questions about humans and their evil nature. Yes, hunting is a cultural thing--you grow up with it, and you think it's okay. For me, I hope there's a special place in Hell for those types of people. It's just all wrong, wrong, wrong. But I applaud the artist for making us consider these things. I enlarged the article below the pic, so you can read it easier(or, if you'd rather just read the archives from the newspaper, that's here).


 Posted by Picasa


 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irony IS art.

I despise hunting too, but as with politics, you need to know your audience before voicing an opinion. Anyway, that's my cowardly way.

I know that many people give the overpopulation of wild animals as a valid excuse for hunting...but why make a sport of extermination?

1:21 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I don't go for hunting, but I do like Venison & Bison..... (I can get teh bison in the store - the venison I get from a co-worker & don't ask questions.)

5:44 AM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

This is wonderful. About time there is a work of art with that message. I applaud you on posting this and speaking your opinion.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home