Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I've been tagged!

Mr. Powers has asked me to post my five weirdest habits. This is a far more difficult task than one might expect. I mean, do you post dumb little things that you do every day, or the more major ones? Are they weird? Hmmm. Anyway, here's what I came up with:

*I cannot throw a magazine away until I have completely looked through it, and have torn out all the articles I want to save, pics that may go into art projects, etc. Consequently, I have a ton of magazines to still sort through. I once had some friends help me move, and they were appalled at all the paper stuff. I tried to say, I'm an artist...an artist needs to keep stuff like this. Maybe I do, maybe I don't. All I know is that when I do, on occasion, decide to de-clutter, I always want the stuff back.

*I have finally accepted that it is part of my personality to be surrounded by things. I LIKE clutter to a certain degree. I once lived with a woman who had to have all the countertops in each room devoid of any appliances, etc. I gave my notice after a month--it was too sterile. I usually judge management by what they have at their desk. It should be, in my opinion, elements of what is important in their lives (family photographs, etc). If it's just a stack of business cards...big red flag.

*I pick the skin around my right thumb. I don't have pretty, feminine hands. When I drink alcohol, I pick more, and then I'll also bite my nails. Odd.

*Whistling bothers me. I know it's an indication someone is happy-go-lucky, but it bugs the shit out of me. So does classical music. Go figure.
I decided that comment was more a pet peeve than a weird habit. Instead I will say that I tend to take comments, actions, and situations, and over analyze them six ways to Sunday (or whatever the cliche is). Sometimes it serves me, but often it't too over the top (like worrying is needless time wasted). I'm not sure if it's a chick thing, an insecurity thing, or a self-absorbed thing. Maybe it's just human nature. I don't know.

*Even when I'm comfortable, I have a hard time looking directly in someone's eye. I tend to look around the room. I have not been able to break this. Being conscious of it just makes it worse.

I'm sure there are a gazillion more I could list, but I was asked to choose five. Feel free to post your own lists and let me know to look for them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Babette. Long time reader, first time poster.

I too am down with the clutter. I have 250+ framed photos in my home. At work, however, I just don't have room for any deco.

At a former job, however, I had an entire wall - supposed to be used for schedules, charts and other dull things - covered with cut-outs from the Weekly World News, etc. A favorite headline: "Butt-Kicking Aliens Treated Me Like Lab Rat!"

Is that weird?

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home