Friday, January 06, 2006

Two resolutions...check!

Yay, only the sixth day of the year, and already on my way to checking off those resolutions. I got a new bank. I am determined to be more organized and prudent with my spending (although I did get a bit carried away at the thrift store today...). And I went to my esthetician today and had my brows waxed and tinted, and my lashes permed and tinted. I feel like a new person! And that's the point. I want to start paying more attention to how I look and how I dress, and that will in turn affect how I carry myself and what I project to the world. I had put all that on a back burner in the past year. It's pretty expensive to get this stuff done, so I was forever putting it off, but when I DO go, I feel like I've been a contestant on The Swan or something. It's amazing. And right now how I feel about myself is important, because I let it slide for too long. On Wednesday I'm having my hair trimmed for the first time in a year. A YEAR! Yeah, my hair is finally really long, but what good is that if it's scraggly? So I think I'll have a long layers thing done. This is huge, my friends. And I'm excited about the prospects of this year already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Billie said...

Awesome, Barb! I've been getting my eyebrows done for over a year and it's a must for me! I love it! As for my hair, I love having long hair, although it's not that long. It has to be cut and layered, otherwise I look like a witch! Happy New Year to you, it sounds like you're off to a great start.

8:40 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Sounds great! (I'm getting waxed the day before my wedding..... & I'm getting a "grown-up" hair cut after the wedding....)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home