Monday, February 13, 2006

Quilting Memories

  Posted by PicasaThis if from the March/April 2006 (yep, it's brand new) issue of Quiltmaker Magazine. This is a really fun magazine--this issue also has a quilt pattern that is an apron-shaped block.

One area of art that I really want to concentrate on learning about and doing, is collage with fabric and/or paper. I love the idea of combining sewing with collage and with memory crafts. I love the idea of embellishing with found objects and written words.

(from the same magazine) I love this quilt that is featured in an ad for an upcoming quilt festival in Chicago. No information on who made it, but the wind whipping the aprons and the sheets just moves me with it.
  Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Cool, now I can't wait to get my magazine!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This quilt is beautiful!

2:12 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

no magazine in the mail yet.... (Patience shall keep my from buying one off the newsstand - I have the subscription for petes sake!)

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home