Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Where are your priorities?

I work in a cash vault of a big retail chain. I wear other hats, but lately I work there the most. That is where all the high-end jewelry is stored. Last night one of my managers showed two diamond rings to a woman. Evidently it was the couple's 40th anniversary, and she figured she deserved another rock (already had one five-carat). She looked at one beautiful princess cut that my manager said was $53,000 (did she mean $5300? Either way, the point here is the same). The woman said, nah, don't like it. The other ring was perfect, she said, but it was 'only' 2.5 carats, and after 40 years she figured she deserved at least five. My God, woman.
Take a vacation.
See the world.
Give to charity (my manager said, "give to us", lol).
But all that cash in a stone? That kind of high maintenance just kind-of makes me sick.
And I'm the single one? How does that figure?

5 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

I always have one comment when I read about men who spend that much money on their women: she must be damned good in bed.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Grangry said...

What is your manager like? She liked it - he could have sold her two, and the other one could have been 4 carats!!! What a dork!

PS I'm good in bed; no-one buys ME diamonds! I just get housed, looked after, fed, clothed, laugh every day, a joint bank account, a totally organic hot water bottle and half his pension! Carats - pooh!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A diamond would be the last thing I would buy, if I had that kind of cash waiting to be spent- wedding anniversary or no!

3:24 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

Oh cool, Smockery is posting. Lol on the comment! Thanks to you and my other regular readers!

11:34 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

& to think we know where she was shopping for her "rock!"

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home