Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Recipe Update

I had some requests for the recipe I posted. I made it this morning and it was super easy and super yummy. I do think it would be improved, however, by adding the cinnamon to the cake itself, and omiting the sugar topping. Instead do a streusal crumble top with nuts and brown sugar (maybe even coconut), or frost with cream cheese frosting, or just plain whipped cream. Or it might be really yummy with a regular powdered sugar/butter/milk glaze.

But I love coffee cake. This reminds me of a restaurant in Santa Cruz that I used to frequent, called Hobies. I wonder if they're still famous for their coffee cake?

Blueberry Boy Bait

2 cups Pillsbury's Best All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup blueberries, frozen, fresh, or drained canned
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Oven 350 degrees
13 x 9 inch cake

In large mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, and eggs. Blend at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened; beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 13x9 inch pan. Arrange blueberries on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cut in squares and serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boyfriend (who is more partial to raspberries) and I are planning to go up to Santa Cruz soon. Is Hobies still there?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

You think we can be bought with tarts and muffins,,,,,, you may be right <:)>

9:40 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Thanks for sharing!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home