Wednesday, March 29, 2006

eBay

I'm an even bigger ebay hound than a thrifting one. I buy too much, but I also get tons of ideas, inspiration, and history lessons.

These are pics from completed auctions. I just pulled them out randomly for fun. Vintage wooden doggie needle case (crochet hooks or knitting needles). I can see recreating one of these in paper mache or even stiffened fabric.

Groovy mod bird fabric ala the Partridge Family. How fun. This went for over $30 for one yard. This seller, Majikhorsefabrics, always has amazing vintage stuff.

Or this mod owl fabric--such lovely simplicity. I can see this as an applique pattern.

This I may have to buy. This is from seller Tokyo_gift. An owl coin purse. Continuing auction through seller's store. There are also kitten purses and other cute items.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Oh you temptress...

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear my mother had sheets with that owl fabric. If not that, then VERY close!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home