Sunday, March 26, 2006

Ramblings

Just a couple of thoughts:
I was just out on the road and I saw a couple walking together. Or allegedly walking together. He was about ten feet ahead, and she was talking on her cell phone. If you're going to spend time with someone, make it quality time. Make that person your focus. Just sayin'.

There's a show on the radio on Sunday mornings (broadcast out of Los Angeles on KFI 640AM) called The Jesus Christ Show. The host sits in as Jesus, and answers call-in questions about family issues, moral dilemmas, etc. On its face you might think, huh? Or if you have a religious upbringing your thought might come up with words like blasphemous...but I assure you the show is extremely well done. His answers are lovingly calm, based in Scripture, and full of teaching. I consider myself a Christian, but I never found a church or a pastor that motivated me enough to want to find solace in membership. This show, however, contains thought-provoking and meaningful discourse. If it's available in your city you might want to check it out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've listened to Jesus once or twice myself. You're correct - he's very calm,and modest too: I know that because I listened to him the day before Christmas, and he downplayed the whole thing. However, there was one caller who honestly pissed Jesus off. I wish I could remember the topic of their conversation, but JC was definitely miffed.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Balwearie said...

I had a dream last night that I was doing a cross-country drive (fortunately in two cars) with my ex-boyfriend who is notorious for ignoring the people he is with to talk on the phone. Anywho, in my dream he wandered off to talk to someone so I drove off and left him. Honestly, it's got to be the rudest thing out there...

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home